Udder Program Instructions
It really is quite simple
How customers have successfully used our Udder Program
Minimum 3 weeks feed .75 ounces per head, then if SCC still under 150,000: feed .50 oz. per head per day always feed in the morning only. Blend in TMR or hand-feed individually. Feed throughout lactation and the dry period for maximum effectiveness in naturally boosting immune systems and strengthening reproductive systems. Give all dry cows and bred heifers .25 oz. Immu-PRO per head daily for 60 days before calving and at 30 days before calving start .50 ounce. For best results keep these dry cows and heifers on the above program. Remember, you can start Immu-PRO at any time (on any stage of a cow’s or calf’s life), but ideally, you will want to give Immu-Pro to every animal .25 ounce everyday.
General Directions for ID-1:
1. Call Alpha Genetics at 1-800-876-2500
Ways Many Customers Use the Udder Programs Products:
1. For best results on cows with general health issues:
A. Most customers start by giving Immu-PRO as instructed above.
B. One of the best tools dairymen use is Uddersol on the udders.
C. To help the cows get back on feed faster, many dairymen give (2) Power Pak Plus Capsules.
D. Many also use Skin Joy Lotion or Spray on affected quarters for 3-5 milkings in a row, or as needed. As always, call us if you have any questions about using any of our products.
2. For cows struggling with more severe issues: We encourage you to also see EGG DRENCH RECIPE on pg. 4.
A. Customers hand milk and teat dip infected quarter(s) every 30-60 minutes for as long as needed or until milk becomes white, normal, and flake-free, and udder is soft.
B. They make sure to offer the cow plenty of lukewarm water every 2 hours, and offer calf starter, whole oats, or leafy hay to keep cow eating. Sometimes customers will cover the cow with a blanket for faster recovery.
C. Most will also apply 30cc Uddersol or Skin Joy Lotion or Spray to the udder after each milking until milk is clear and flake-free.
D. Most use the above after each hand milking of infected quarters every 6 hours.
E. Some also use an EGG DRENCH RECIPE (see page 4 for details).
1. Prevention is the key to good health: Many successful customers keep their cows on 1⁄4 oz. of Immu-PRO for the entire time they are dry and give 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 oz. Immu-PRO per cow per day for 4 weeks before calving.
2. Two days to 1 week before calving, many give 2 Power Pak Plus Capsules orally.
3. At first sign of udder swelling, many customers rub with Skin Joy Lotion (or apply Skin Joy Spray) a.m., noon, and p.m. for 3-8 days until swelling is gone and udder is soft. On day of calving, start increasing Immu-PRO to 1⁄2 oz. for 4 weeks or more.
4. Special Cases: If leaking milk, some customers start milking 2x/day & teat dip before & after milking. They do this in addition to using the above mentioned products.
Customers generally give 2 Power Pak Plus Capsules. Also, they apply Uddersol until temperature returns to normal. Many dairymen also use the “Egg Drench Recipe” below.
Many customers rub 5-10cc Uddersol on hoof, put a piece of plastic wrap over the hoof sole, and bandage. Retreat 3-5 days later, if necessary. Uddersol can also be applied between hoof toes for corns, etc., and on swollen pasturns (above hoof) or on swollen hocks. Apply twice per day (a.m. & p.m.) until healed.
Teat and Udder Injuries:
Customers often rub Skin Joy Lotion on the injury. If the injury is a cut or abrasion, they often apply Uddersol on the affected area twice a day (morning & evening) until healed.
Dry Cow Health:
1. Successful dairymen give 2 Power Pak Plus Capsules for 4-8 days before calving and on the day of calving to boost health and keep cows on feed. For more details please call 1-800-876-2500.
Off Feed or Stressed Cows:
Many give 2 Power Pak Plus Capsules as directed. Customers have also suggested using the following Egg Drench for their stressed or off-feed cows:
Egg Drench Recipe and Use and Recipe:
1) Thoroughly mix 12 eggs (whites & yokes) in large mixing bowl.
2) Pour eggs into an empty 16 oz. bottle.
3) Add 2 Tablespoons of white salt and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).
4) Add 4-6 oz. of honey (or 10 oz. corn syrup or molasses) to bottle.
5) Top off 16 oz. bottle with hot water, shake until well mixed, and drench cow.
6) Then give a 2nd bottle of 8 oz. Immu-PRO mixed with warm water (to fill 16 oz. bottle). REPEAT 1-2x per day as needed.
7) Offer the cow 2-3 gallons of lukewarm (if possible) water every 2 hours or so during the day.
8) Give about 5 pounds of whole oats and/or calf starter 3 times per day, plus all the leafy hay she wants.
As always, never hesitate to call your vet if animals are not improving in 12-24 hours. As always, prevention, early detection, and quick responses to combat problems with the Udder Program will bring you pleasing results. Never neglect prayer – take all praises and problems to God. He is worthy, able, and unlimited!
IF QUESTIONS OR TO ORDER, CALL US TODAY!
1-800-876-2500 – or – 920-650-1631
Have questions about the udder program? Let us know. Where are here to help.