With planting and other tasks at hand, time is even more valuable. Make each minute count when it comes to cow reproduction before summer heat hits. You should…
- Step up cow heat detection procedures. The more you watch, the more heats can be seen.
- Try watching cows for 15 minutes every morning, noon, and evening.
- Do monthly or even weekly reproductive checks with your veterinarian.
- Start breeding most cows at 1st heat after 45 days fresh.
- Keep cow dry days to somewhere between 40-55 days to help avoid ketosis and milk fever.
- Start on (or stay on) 1 oz/head Dairy Vita Pak 2 wks before calving.
Also, give all cows 2 Power Pak Capsules 2-8 days before calving.
For more helpful repro suggestions, give us a call at 1-920-650-1631.