Make Spring Work For You!
With planting and other tasks at hand, time is even more valuable. Make each minute count when it comes to cow reproduction before summer heat hits. You should…
- Step up cow heat detection procedures. The more you watch, the more heats can be seen.
- Try watching cows for 15 minutes every morning, noon, and evening.
- Do monthly or even weekly reproductive checks with your veterinarian.
- Start breeding most cows at 1st heat after 45 days fresh.
- Keep cow dry days to somewhere between 40-55 days to help avoid ketosis and milk fever.
- Start on (or stay on) 1 oz/head Dairy Vita Pak 2 wks before calving.
Also, give all cows 2 Power Pak Capsules 2-8 days before calving.
For more helpful repro suggestions, give us a call at 1-920-650-1631.