Heifer Plus is a new sperm sexing agent used to increase the percentage of heifer calves in dairy and beef cattle.
Simple to use, it has everything needed for sexing a single straw of frozen bull sperm at the time of insemination. Packaged in kit form, each dose is sealed in a vial and stored refrigerated to maintain potency during storage. The agent is activated by adding semen directly to the Heifer Plus vial. The sexed semen is returned to the original straw and inseminated as usual.
SEE PHOTOS & DIRECTIONS FOR USE BELOW
NOTICE: This is not a restricted drug. Heifer Plus is a non-prescription bio-pharmaceutical agent. Federal law does not require that this product be used by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Photos & Directions for Use
1. Warm the vial to 95-98.6oF (35-37oC) using a water bath, tube warmer, or incubator for a few minutes (to prevent cold shock). Thaw semen as usual.
2. Remove from water bath. Dry. Cut straw to 60o bevel with sharp scissors.
3. Puncture seal with straw bevel and insert the cut end of the straw into the vial.
4. To add semen to the vial, grasp both the vial and straw in the palm of the hand and "shake" downward 3-4 times (similar to shaking a glass thermometer). Be certain all semen is in the vial.
5. Gently mix semen with contents of vial.
6. Transfer the enriched semen from the vial back into the straw. Do this by inverting the vial and straw, and "shaking" it downward 3-4 times. Be certain all semen is in the straw.
7. IMPORTANT! Incubate enriched semen at 95-98.6oF (35-37oC) for 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove straw from water bath. Dry. Cut bevel from straw. Load straw into insemination gun. Inseminate as usual.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR HUMAN USE. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.